TORONTO WEDDING MAKEUP ARTIST
How can you prepare the right makeup for your toronto wedding?
One of the major challenges when it comes to preparing your wedding is that you need to figure out the right makeup. Finding the perfect makeup requires a lot of time, and it can be a rather challenging experience. But at the same time, you need to have patience and focus, as this can be done properly. With that in mind, we created a quick guideline on what wedding makeup to choose, what makeup artist will suit your needs and how you can find him!
What to ask your wedding makeup artist?
The wedding makeup artist is usually a friendly person that will work closely with you to get the job done. Doing this properly can be tricky, but it will also be a lot of fun for sure. But what should you ask your wedding makeup artist to properly prepare for this experience? Here you have some quick ideas that you may want to take into account!
- Are you willing to do a trial run to see how it will look and if I like it?
- Are you working on location or do I have to come to your salon?
- Do you have any samples of previous work I can see? Maybe some photos from previous weddings you worked on?
- Is there an extra charge if I change my mind after selecting the initial makeup?
- Is it necessary to bring the bridal accessories to our session? Or can we do this without them?
- Are there any pre-makeup preparations that I need to perform?
- Did you ever work with my skin type or hair type before?
- If you can’t make it to the wedding, can you send someone else?
- Do you have other commitments on the wedding day?
These are some of the most important questions that you have to ask your wedding makeup artist. Remember, talking with your wedding makeup artist is very important, and this will help pay off quite a lot. But knowing the costs, fees and extra charges is always a very good thing to focus on. That’s why these questions should be on your list once you find the best wedding makeup artist for your needs!
How to hire the best wedding makeup artist?
Finding a good wedding makeup artist is quite a challenging thing to focus on. But yes, it can take quite a lot of time and effort to figure out what wedding makeup artist suits your needs and budget.
You want to explore various wedding blogs and see any recommendations. Also, you want to talk with your friends and family; maybe they know someone as well. Plus, most of the best wedding makeup artists have their own website so that a quick search engine inquiry can help you as well. The idea is to not rush in any way!
Test the wedding makeup artist before you agree to sign a contract. You have to see what results you can expect from something like this, as that’s the thing that matters the most. If you want two trials, then that can work too.
Try to find the wedding makeup artist early in the process. Most wedding makeup artists are booked months beforehand, so it’s a good idea to try and talk with such a professional early on. It will help you quite a lot, and that’s exactly what really matters!
Checking some of their previous work is crucial, as you want to see if their style and work ethic is suitable for you. That can be a bit tricky, but you need to make sure that you find the right person for this job.
Tips on hiring your wedding makeup artist
Maybe the best thing you can do is to meet up your wedding makeup artist. Meeting in person will allow the wedding makeup artist to see your skin type and he/she may even start doing a quick trial to show you how it looks and what results you can expect.
At the same time, you have to think about your budget. You don’t want to overspend, but you don’t want the price to be very low either. So, try to adapt and adjust depending on the situation. Avoid being cheap. This is a very important day in your life, so the last thing you want is to hire someone that doesn’t suit your requirements.
Which goes right to the next point, experience. You want the wedding makeup artist to be experienced. You need someone that did this for quite some time and which is comfortable to work on you as well.
Some women hire a hairdresser as their wedding makeup artist as well. While this may work at some point, it’s still a very good idea to hire a separate wedding makeup artist. The idea is that it does make sense to use this approach, and the return on investment can be huge with it. Remember that this type of approach can be tricky, so don’t rush into it.
Wedding makeup ideas
Wedding makeup can be very complex, but it can also be simplistic and with a great taste. Here are some quick ideas you can focus on:
- Add a bit of purple-pink shadow over the eyelids to intensify the outer corner color. You can then add some black eyeliner; some dusty rose blush and some mascara.
- Opt for some subtle lined lids and some blushed cheeks and wine colored lips.
- Put some pink on your lids, and on your eyes, you can add some shimmery brown shadow, even some champagne eye color in the inner V corner of your eyes.
- Integrate some waterproof gold cream shadow over the inner V corner, and then you can blend some brown shadow over the eyelid. You can go along the lower lash corner as well.
- Select a minimalist look by using only earth tones and not a lot of makeup.
All in all, it can be a bit challenging to find the right makeup for your wedding. This is why working with a talented professional can help you a lot. You can remove most of the frustration, and that will help you focus on other aspects of your wedding as well. Don’t hesitate and try out the services of multiple makeup professionals, as it will be easy to find the right one that suits your needs!